Great news! Current Juniors (C/O 2017) can now begin working on their Common App essays much earlier. A recent announcement from Common App reveals that essay prompts will remain the same from 2015-2016 application cycle AND student accounts created will roll over to 2016-2017 application year. Now let the brainstorming and essay writing BEGIN!
2016-2017 Common Application Essay Prompts
There is a 650 word count for each essay.
1. Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
2. The lessons we take from failure can be fundamental to later success. Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
3. Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you make the same decision again?
4. Describe a problem you’ve solved or a problem you’d like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma – anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution.
5. Discuss an accomplishment or event, formal or informal, that marked your transition from childhood to adulthood within your culture, community, or family.
Need help with your college admissions essays?
US College Experts is an educational consulting company fully dedicated to preparing, inspiring, and connecting students to the best college opportunities.
To learn how US College Experts can help with college preparation process, email firstname.lastname@example.org, visit www.uscexperts.com, or call 301.744.0456 to schedule your FREE 20 Minute Initial Consultation.