Great news! Current Juniors (C/O 2019) can now begin working on their Common App essays much earlier. A recent announcement from Common App reveals that essay prompts will remain the same from 2017-2018 application cycle.
Now let the brainstorming and essay writing BEGIN!
2018-2019 Common Application Essay Prompts
There is a 650 word count for each essay.
1. Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
2. The lessons we take from obstacles we encounter can be fundamental to later success. Recount a time when you faced a challenge, setback, or failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
3. Reflect on a time when you questioned or challenged a belief or idea. What prompted your thinking? What was the outcome?
4. Describe a problem you’ve solved or a problem you’d like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma – anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution.
5. Discuss an accomplishment, event, or realization that sparked a period of personal growth and a new understanding of yourself or others.
6. Describe a topic, idea, or concept you find so engaging that it makes you lose all track of time. Why does it captivate you? What or who do you turn to when you want to learn more?
7. Share an essay on any topic of your choice. It can be one you’ve already written, one that responds to a different prompt, or one of your own design.
Need help with your college admissions essays?
US College Experts is an educational consulting company fully dedicated to preparing, inspiring, and connecting students to the best college opportunities.
To learn how US College Experts can help with college preparation process, email email@example.com, visit www.uscexperts.com or call 301.744.0456 to schedule your FREE 20 Minute Initial Consultation.